Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 294 - 21st October 2015 - Leaves, Ferns and a Hairy Woodpecker

Wednesday has rolled around too quickly this week. It's my town day - errands to run, some volunteer work to do. My first week home, I'm not ready to go into civilization. Oh well, I'll go - get some things done, scout around the Waterfront and have lunch at the Beandock.
Not much cleaning occurred Tuesday, I spent most of the day in the kitchen. Just felt like a cooking kind of day. Chicken, Veggie & Quinoa dish with a jerk sauce for Larry's lunchboxes, brown bread rolls and 15 bean soup for supper. My cousin Cathy stopped for a coffee late in the afternoon so she had hot rolls and I sent some home to Harold. They are not something we need a lot of. As much as I love to cook, it's easier to give most of it away, as it's not on Larry's diet.
There are more leaves floating on the lake now.
Bushes have turned.
Many of the ferns have turned as well. I did this one in B&W - they have enough texture and lines to make it work.
As bushes and hardwood turn, the little pine stands out.














The yard is seeing a return of feeder birds - a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers are there daily now. Along with Blue Jays and an occasional White Breasted Nuthatch, other species will soon arrive.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment