Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 283 - 10th October 2015 - Song Sparrows, Sailboats and Fog in the Harbour

Blowing a gale this morning, but the rain has stopped. Heading to Cape Sable Island - I've warned "Dear Hubby" no sleeping in! A Marbled Godwit was spotted late yesterday, so my fingers are crossed he hangs around this morning. I'm sure I'll be there among a number of other birders. It's a great hobby - when the call goes out the chase is on. We'll no doubt spent a good portion of the morning there, then do some grocery shopping and I'd like to stop at Barrington River Park and check out the Lumberjack Heritage Festival going on today! Sounds like a full day, with no time for housework - got to love it! Sometime this weekend I want to grab the fall colors.
It was sure cold on my morning walk, but the lake was covered in thick fog. No more sandals for a while. I was glad Nancy was a few minutes early, even though I walked more normal distance - I was moving faster to keep warm. The kitchen garden looked like it survived a frost - swish chard and carrots still look nice and green. Excellent day at work, progress on two research projects, hoping to finish one up next week. Built our first fire in the furnace last night, it had started to rain on the way home and it felt good to warm the house up and take out the dampness.
The fog hung over the road as I headed out on my walk.
A few Song Sparrow were lurking in the bushes, looking for breakfast.









It was a cold morning so they were all puffed up.
When we got to town the fog was rising off the harbour - beautiful scene, everything looked like it was floating.

Most everyone has hauled their boats out for the season, but still a few remain.






Enjoy your day!





No comments:

Post a Comment