Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day 297 - 24th October 2015 - More Fall Colors - Trees, Bushes and Grasses

I'm up at 4:30 am, once again - getting tired of this really fast! Going to be a late start to going birding, groceries, etc. since Larry stayed up til 1:30 am watching that ball game. I'm not a sports fan and these games are really cramping my plans. Am feeling a tad bit cranky this morning, hopefully as I get through this first cup of coffee it will turn around. Might be a good day to head to Cape Sable Island and see if the Bonaparte Gull, Red-throated Loon and some Warblers are still around. Looks like a good day on the weather front.
It was nice but chilly with the wind most of Friday.  I continued with the saga of the tomatoes - seriously I'm tired of making, sauce etc., I hate to see anything go to waste so more we do. We've given a lot  away and hopefully I'll soon see the end of them for another season. Sadly I'll pay an arm and a leg this winter for one tomato that has half as much flavour of those we grew.
The sun was breaking through the trees as I walked along the lake.
Still some good color.
Most of the ferns are no longer green but a brilliant golden bronze color.
Reds in the bushes and golden grasses frame the water.
Just a leaf.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I think my heart needs a trip to the lake. Haven't been in ages. Love the fall colours.
    Anytime you need to get rid of tomatoes, I'd gladly buy some from you. I'd rather buy local anyway. Nothing tastes better than a home grown tomato. Unfortunately any time I've tried growing patio plants, I get very few on it. Jerry gives us some and we enjoy them so very much.

    ReplyDelete