Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 299 - 26th October 2015 - Northern Cardinal, Horses and the Lake

How did Monday get here so quickly! For some it's the start of the work week, me I'm back to cleaning and purging. Ugh! It needs to be done so might as well get at it.  There is always walks in the hood to break the restlessness. Several neighbours have began filling feeders again so I'll keep my eyes on those for something interesting.
We didn't go far on Sunday, attended breakfast at our Community Hall then took a drive up the road to see the fall color/look for birds (not hopeful and was right). Stopped at Wanda & Leon's as it gave me a great view of Lake Philip from their hill. I wasn't disappointed. Larry went up to the garden after we came home to clean up there - pulled the beets and picked the rest of the beans (for drying or seeds). I did the Sunday lunch box prep and things in the house, quick roam around the hood. After Larry got back he spotted a Cardinal in the backyard around the feeders. So my afternoon was definitely entertaining. Hard to believe near the end of October that we are still picking Swiss Chard from the kitchen garden. The touches of frost we've had in the last few weeks hasn't bothered it.
Northern Cardinal. He hung around all afternoon, hopefully he's back today.














Lake Philip in Upper Ohio.
Wanda's horses.
An interesting piece of old farm machinery with Black-Eyed Susans.
Fallen leaves are filling the lake.








Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment