Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 296 - 23rd October 2015 - Leaves, Grackle and Grandmother's Journal

Some rain over night but the stars are all out now. Looks like a good day in the making. It's Friday and the end of the the work week for most.  Best get some birding in this weekend, might be my last for a couple of weekends as Deer hunting season opens next Friday.
So 1 1/2 rooms done, 19 1/2 left to go - I think it's probably too early to start the count down. Started out on my walk, early but got caught in a shower so headed back home since I didn't have Big B.'s raincoat with me. Lexi and I went roaming later but she's not into birding these days, more sniffing for squirrels.  The yard seems to be busy with Blue Jays, Squirrels and  Chipmunks, but a Leucistic Grackle arrived. Leucism is a genetic mutation that prevents pigment from being deposited on feathers. Exercise class last night - more pain I'm sure.
Grandmother's Journal: 
23 October 1976: Some sunny intervals. Rain and Hail showers. All day, high winds and miserable most of the day and evening. South westerly. Bobbie and Mike up, didn't stay long. I cooked and seemed to work hard all day. Made 16 jars of grape jelly yesterday. 
24 October 1976: Beautiful day. Windy. Bob worked around. I did odd jobs. Sid and Bobbie up in morning, back home early. Jackson here for a visit in the afternoon. We took a drive to Scotts for a visit.

We still have some colorful leaves but the wind is making quick work of them.
Quiet along the lake.
The Leucistic Grackle. Notice the white around his face. I tried for something more exotic but no luck. He was my himself.
Another day - mist along the shore.
A few little branches couldn't withstand the wind.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment