Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 158 - 6th June 2013 - Potatoes, Ducks, Geese and Wisteria

Another nice looking day, sun is coming up, temperature is +7.6. Back to work, fingers crossed that it's a  good day there and I can get some more things crossed off the never ending list. It may not be that bad, but have some items that need to be done for deadlines.
Wednesday was close to a perfect day - beautiful sunshine, nice breeze and no flies. Doesn't take much to please me. It was a lovely peaceful day too, all I heard were a few birds chirping around the yard. They are a lot less these days since they are nesting and raising their broods but there are still some faithful - BlueJays, Grackles, Mourning Doves, Chickadees, Nuthatches and Song Sparrows.   I got all those household chores done first thing in the morning - laundry, floors, etc. Whipped up a pasta salad and potato salad to go with lobster for supper and even a batch of chocolate chip, oatmeal peanut butter cookies. Lexi and I roamed the hood, visited with the geese on the lake and a few ducks, I did a little weeding in the flower beds, then I goofed off on the deck with my book for a while - soaking in all that was wonderful. You can't get much better than breakfast, lunch and supper on the deck. Larry went to the garden after supper for a while, planted a few more rows of veggies. The only thing that disturbed me was the deer have been eating my hostas - first time they have ever bothered them so I'm sure they must be new to the neighbourhood and don't know the rules. Also answers the question to why Lexi barks so much during the night!
 We'll soon be eating potatoes, they are coming along great.
 Mama  Mallard and her babies.
 Lexi stopped to cool off in the lake and get a drink.
 About a month old, they are doing great and growing like weeds.


A few weeks ago this tree was covered in apple blossoms, it's now loaded with Wisteria blooms.
Something I've planted but can't remember what.












Enjoy your day!












No comments:

Post a Comment