Saturday, October 29, 2016

Day 303 - 29th October 2016 - Lake, Reflections and Leaves

Here is October edging away, just another couple days left of this month. It was a wild and windy Friday - rained hard all day so not much else to do but stay inside. I said  was going to do housework ...and I did a little but there was a female Cardinal in the yard so I wasted most of the day with my face glued to the kitchen window. She came to the feeder a number of times but there was so much rain I couldn't get a photo of her through the window. Then she would go hide back in the apple tree which is covered with Wisteria branches. Making it a perfect place to hide from me! I did get the Halloween decorations (cobwebs) cleared out of the kitchen, brown bread rolls made and a few other things. Lots of Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Song Sparrows, Juncos, a few Grackles in the feeder and of course a fat squirrel or two.
 The dock is covered in leaves
 Grasses and bushes along the lake are mostly yellow
But sometimes there is a pop of red.




Enjoy your day

No comments:

Post a Comment