Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 257 - 13th September 2016 - Song Sparrows, Common Yellowthroat, Leaves Changing

 A cool walk Monday morning but it felt good. I wondered how much longer I could go with flip flops but it warmed up later so I'll keep at it for a while. Not a lot of birds around - did run across several Song Sparrows with a few Common Yellowthroats and Yellow Rumped Warblers. Great day at work although not a lot of visitors but we've been busy painting Whirligigs, adding to the stock at the Dory Shop in preparation for the Whirligig festival this weekend. I finally was able to get my Shingles Vaccine yesterday - yup - 1 year without the horrid things. The last 2 years I've had it in August, obviously it's been a better year for me. 
The sky is filled with stars again and the air is the cool crispness of autumn - feels good. Now all we need is rain, rain, rain. Love the feel of fall - cool nights and mornings, warm days. No humidity.









Song Sparrows - I always find a few in this spot
Common Yellowthroat
The lazy tree is changing colors.







Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Literally hung that shingle!! Less stress, less mess & a happier Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally hung that shingle!! Less stress, less mess & a happier Kim :)

    ReplyDelete