Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 148 - 27th May 2016 - Red-Wing Blackbird, Bird Bath and Squirrel

The birds are welcoming the day - an Owl is hooting on one of the Islands in the lake, Song Sparrow around the property and a Hermit Thrush near by. Love the sounds of morning. Looks like we are going to have a sunny day with a few clouds. I'll get around the hood for a good morning jaunt and hopefully spy something new. I noticed the Trillium was in bloom  the other day so will snag a few shots.
Had a great last day at my job, flowers from my colleagues in the Town Office and from my board.  Monday I start at the Ross Thompson House as a Heritage Interpreter. I'm looking forward to a new adventure in the Heritage Sector. Finished of the day getting my hair done and exercise class last night. Good workout and I've been missing too many lately.

Female Red-Wing Blackbird, not a great shot from the kitchen window. She may not be quite as stunning as her mate but still attractive.
I bought this bird bath a few weeks ago - love the looks of it, but I've not seen anyone bathing in it yet.

















 Another beautiful day on the lake.
Napping Squirrel - but I think I woke him up.




Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. I thought the bird bath was a sculpture! Pretty cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the bird bath was a sculpture! Pretty cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same bird bath. It's been in the yard for about 2 weeks.. no birds in it yet.

    ReplyDelete