Thursday, May 12, 2016

Day 133 - 12th May 2016 - Magnolia Warbler, Black & White Warbler, Hermit Thrush and Song Sparrow

Looks like another nice day, sunny skies on the horizon with some more wind. The Owl is hooting up the road and the Loons are calling in the lake. Some of the reasons why I enjoy living in the country.  Love those morning sounds, any minute the Song Sparrows will begin singing. Well off to work, sure there's lots to do there.
Turned out windy Wednesday but not too cold. Comfortable sitting on the deck - not that I had much time for that. Good thing I do speed "maintenance" housecleaning as I spent a good portion of the day chasing birds in the hood. Myrna had the Blue Grosbeak back but once again by the time I got there he was gone. My nemesis, the Belted Kingfishers were in full swing on my morning walk but made no effort to co-operate for a pic or two. They rattled and chattered as they dove around the coves circling back across the point. However, I did spot a Magnolia Warbler and a Black and White Warbler which were the first of the season. I did manage to find some time for some cooking between jaunts.
Magnolia Warbler.
Song Sparrow
















Hermit Thrush














Swamp Sparrow

Black & White Warbler - one of the better named birds.






Enjoy your day!














No comments:

Post a Comment