Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Day 146 - 25th May 2016 - Canada Mayflower Star Flower and Purple Finch

A few rain showers in the morning but the sun ventured out later in the afternoon. All in all a good day - lots done and cleaned up for my departure. No on is irreplaceable and I'm sure they will find someone who will do a good job. But for me I'm looking forward to a change, learning some new things and meeting new people.  So it will be good for everyone I'm sure. I headed out for an evening walk after supper, flies were deadly - both the black flies and the mosquitoes are out now and biting. I did manage to find a few Robins, Grackles, Magnolia Warblers and a Purple Finch. What I didn't see but heard were Hermit Thrushes, Song Sparrows and a Loon. Of course I'm enjoying the wildflowers and growth that is now emerging in the forest so maybe I'm looking down too much and missing what's flying over my head. 

Canada Mayflower is coming into bloom.














The woods are coming alive with Wildflowers. Starflowers are coming out.  So many are small and delicate.
 Lady Slipper will soon be in flower.
Female Purple Finch in the woods.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I used to pick Mom so many bouquets of those little starflowers. They still bring a smile to my face when I see them. I'll have to come out soon to check out the ladies slippers. Glad you're keeping me updated on what's coming to life out there. Thanks a bunch :)

    ReplyDelete