Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 134 - 13th May 2016 - Northern Parula, Palm Warbler and Ferns

 It's Friday the 13th so if you believe in old superstitions be on the alert. I'm thinking it's Friday and that's a good thing. Tomorrow is the annual Spring Bird Count and I'm looking forward to seeing what is out there. Time flies by so quickly, seems like only yesterday the clocks went ahead and it was so dark in the morning again, but now before 5 am I can watch dawn flicker through the trees by the lake.
Another fine fabulous day! Birds aren't as active early in the morning as they should be. Maybe because it's a little chilly they tend to stay higher where the sun is and the bugs are. Not sure but something to think about. A good day at work and then finished things off with exercise class last night. I was outvoted and we did steps but I survived it too.
Northern Parula - great little bird. I believe they use that old man's beard as nesting material.
















The Ferns are bursting from the ground.




















Palm Warbler
















Yellow-Rumped Warbler - there are lots of these guys around.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment