Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 29 - 29th January 2016 - Pussy Willows, Ice, Purple Finch and Goldfinches

It's Friday but I've had a too early start to the day.  I read for an hour or so and have another book almost done. The moon is a hazy glow in the sky behind some clouds and only a few stars are visible. The weather has changed - no storm warning for us now - just some rain and a bit of snow starting later this morning. Guess I'll wait and see with my own eyes. However, looks like I'll have some time for a quick jaunt this morning before anything begins. Then it will be a day of catching up around the house and some of my own research.
Another beautiful day with great temperatures and warm sunshine. Since my deck chairs are cleared of snow I took some time at noon to sit, enjoy some quiet time, a cup of tea and a few birds at the feeders. By mid afternoon there were quite a flock of Goldfinches mixes with Purple Finches and the odd Pine Siskin. The Chipping Sparrow comes daily but is not here as long - must have found the other feeders in the hood.
One bud of a Pussy Willow branch did break out, but was covered in frost yesterday.
Love the patterns of ice - so intricate and fragile - like a fancy crystal pattern.
Female Purple Finch and Goldfinches.














A beautiful start to the morning.







Enjoy your day!























No comments:

Post a Comment