Sunday, January 17, 2016

Day 17 - 17th January 2016 - Snow and Goldfinhes

Saturday wasn't a day to go anywhere! The weather experts were sure way off on this call. I hope that's the one and only storm we have but somehow I think that's unlikely, I"m sure winter is here for a while.  That is nature! I did manage to get a few loads of laundry done and a little housework. Other than that it was a lazy inside day. Watched the birds coming and going to the feeders. It's interesting to see how some of them start at the highest trees and gradually make their way down to lower ones and finally the feeders. Watchful and alert  or at least I think they are. It was a good day to curl up and read and chat with a few friends on the internet. Oh yes, I ate, and ate and ate some more. Really need to stop that or I soon won't fit into any clothes.
Guess today is for shoveling and getting out. Will try for a trip to town for groceries etc. if the roads are decent. They should be later.
A few shots I took on Thursday.













The snow is peeled back just like the birch bark is sometimes.
I'm amazed that the small twigs can still hold their own.









The Christmas Tree makes a good feeding station.






Enjoy your day!



















No comments:

Post a Comment