Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 6 - 6th January 2016 - Red-Winged Blackbird, Song Sparrow and Blue Jays

Wednesday and my town day once again. Been nice not going in these last few weeks.  Stars are all out but is darn chilly, suppose to warm up though. Going to be a bit of a cranky day, I'm heading for blood work first thing. No coffee, since I've been up for a while, I'm taking a chance with a 1/4 cup of weak black tea in hopes it will keep the headache at bay until I've had it done. I know you aren't suppose to have anything but it is what it is!
It remained pretty cold all day, Tuesday. Red-winged Blackbird appeared at the feeders a couple of times. The Juncos and the Song Sparrow seem to have settled in for the winter. The rest come and go. It was a day for hot soup instead of the roast leftovers I had in the fridge. And it was hot soup - Italian Sausage, Tomatoes and other goodies topped with nachos, shredded cheese and sour cream. I even made biscuits. Cathy stopped for coffee on her way home from work, so I made her play guinea pig and test it.
You can just see a bit of red on his wing.
The Song Sparrow isn't as shy as he used to be.













The Blue Jays come in droves.
Frost tickles the weeds.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment