Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 20 - 20th January 2016 - Mourning Dove, Juncos and a Song Sparrow

Snowing a little and blowing this morning. I don't know why I get up so early on Wednesdays! My town day, although I hate to go knowing the house will be cold again by the time we get home. I've got a late afternoon appointment and other things to do so guess I better. The snowplow has just gone by, it should make the trip back down before we are ready to go. 
A snowy Tuesday. Most all day and at time white outs. Glad I didn't have to go far - just around the hood with Lexi. Did a little research early, then decided since I spend most of the time gazing out the kitchen window at the birds, I might as well do some cooking. Big pot of Chili, Cinnamon Rolls, Biscuits and Breakfast bake. It was mostly a day to take photos through the kitchen window - the feeders were busy. Juncos are up to eight now which is the most I ever had in the yard at one time. It's quite interesting to watch them all.
Mourning Dove resting on the Christmas tree branches.
Most of the small birds like to rest in the fence. The Juncos all look a bit different - some are lighter than others - I assume this is due to age or sex.
The Goldfinches like to perch.
Zipping along on the fence.
Song Sparrow.

This Junco is so much lighter and browner. Time to do a little more research while I have a flock here.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment