Monday, May 28, 2018

Day 148 - 28th May 2018 - Ovenbird, Hummingbird and Northern Parula

Here is another month creeping by, only a few more days left. Sunday turned out nice but a little chilly in the wind. I don't mind it too much but some do. Monday again, off to work. Forecast says chance of showers today, kind of looks like it might. We can use some rain. The lake has dropped, swamps don't have much water and the cranberry ditch has dried up. I hate the thought of going through a dry summer like we did a few years ago. I confirmed there are two Catbirds in the yard, hoping they are going to nest. They are very vocal - singing away most of the day. We had the Cedar Waxwings in the apple trees eating blossoms most of the day. The day kind of got away from us and we didn't get anywhere much for birding. Went in town after supper for ice cream and did run down to the Industrial Park, but it was windy and quiet. I roamed the hood and the yard after I got some work done around home.


Finally I caught the Ovenbird. I got ready for him, knowing he's always in the same area.
















Hummingbird has that "angry bird" look














Northern Parula - he was still in the apple blossoms at dark.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment