Sunday, May 13, 2018

Day 133 - 13th May 2018 - Magnolia Warbler, Ovenbird and Least Flycatcher

Happy Mother's Day! It's foggy and cool out there this morning but I can see the sun through the fog, so am sure it will burn off and be another nice day. I took some time this morning to enjoy my coffee on the deck while photos were uploading. I think after we visit Mom this morning we'll take a run down to the Industrial Park and see if there are any new bird arrivals. Had a great day on Saturday, we left home at 8 am and got back at 6pm. Took the long route to Barrington to go shopping - the Clyde River loop. The first half took us the longest, by the time we hit the back road we didn't stop as much. All the side roads - White's Hill, Gold Lake and then Briar Hill. At Briar Hill we visited with friends and caught up on all the winter gossip. Larry & Billy fixed Barb and Darryl's  door.  While Irene, Barb and I got caught up. I feel like I'm trying to get all of my summer stuff done in 1 or 2 weekends before going back to work. I love doing that road trip - it brings back all those wonderful memories of childhood. The birds are returning and it's always a thrill to see the first one of the season. Along our journey we saw - Magnolia Warblers, Ovenbirds, Least Flycatchers, Yellow Rumped Warblers, Palm Warblers, Song Sparrows, Swamp Sparrows, Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, Hummingbirds, Pileated Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker, Crows and Ravens. No Hawks, which was a bit disappointing.  We never did make it out to Cape Sable Island, by the time we got to Barrington it was nearly suppertime and we were both ready to head back.


Magnolia Warbler


Least Flycatcher - I matched up his song to my app, just to make sure.


Lots of Ovenbirds around















And Yellow Rumped Warblers
Wild Violets are in bloom as well.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment