Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Day 129- 9th May 2018 - Red-Winged Blackbird, Tree Swallows and Swamp Sparrow

Foggy and a little cool out there this morning. The sun will arrive later and warm things up...I hope. We headed back to Miner's Marsh yesterday morning around 7am, lots of people around even for that hour of the day. I spent the better part of two hours trying to get a photo of the Sora, but no luck. I did get a fleeting glimpse of him, so I guess I could add him as a new lifer and we certainly heard him. It was a great morning at the Marsh and a spot we'll have to go back to. I've never gotten so close to Red-Winged Blackbirds and Tree Swallows. A few Warblers were there in the trees and we enjoyed watching everything seeking out breakfast. Larry's appointment was good, we thought it would be his last but she'd like to see him him around the one year mark before signing off. Lunch in New Minas and with the traffic and people I quickly decided it wasn't the place for me. So we headed for home and stopped in Bridgewater to pick up a few things. Back to reality, some roaming the hood today - surely a few more Warblers have arrived and some things to do inside and out. The Hummingbird was at the feeder this morning. Nice to see their return.

Red-Winged Blackbird
 Swamp Sparrow

Tree Swallows - I think he's whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

The Pied Billed Grebe




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment