Sunday, May 6, 2018

Day 126 - 6th May 2018 - Black & White Warbler, Broad Wing Hawk and Cat Tail

Lovely sunrise this morning, it's so calm and peaceful  looking through the trees at the lake. No wind today, but it blew a gale yesterday.  Looks like it's going to turn out to be another nice day. I spent an hour or more at the Industrial Park in the morning while Larry plowed up Mom & Dad's garden.  It was so windy there really wasn't much around. A few Song Sparrows, Gulls,Crows and two Goldfinches. Got groceries then home again. Larry did up our  garden, got some peas planted and some things done outside. I roamed a bit and did a few inside chores. We played Aggravation last night and as much as this pains me, Larry & Margie beat Alice and I the best 2 out of 3. We've been winning every week so I guess we have to let them once in a while! Seems we may have a pair of American Kestrels around the hood. For several days they've been flying back and forth between our place and Lois' making chattering noises. Would be interesting if they decided to nest handy. Since the feeder birds are drifting away now, (a few still hangout in the yard), I'm beginning to see a few Warblers in the yard. Yellow Rumped and Black & White arrived here yesterday. The Hummingbirds have returned, so my feeder will go out this morning.

Black & White Warbler- first of this season

Broad Winged Hawk - or at least I think so. 

This Cat tail looks like it's just about ready to explode.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment