Friday, May 4, 2018

Day 124 - 4th May 2018 - Hermit Thrush, Yellow-Rumped Warbler and Canada Geese

Looks a little overcast and foggy out there this morning. Had hard rain last evening, but it didn't start until around supper time so the day was fine but humid. Rain overnight is a good thing and it should clear off this morning and be another good day.  I didn't feel terribly ambitious yesterday, so I didn't get done what I wanted. Puttered around the house,roamed the hood and got the assignment done (due today) from the workshop I was on last month. Exercise class last night - oh I hurt before I got home. I'm seeing or hearing a number of Hermit Thrushes, Palm Warblers and Yellow Rumped Warblers now, but still nothing new. I'm always so excited and impatient for the Warblers to arrive. Black flies are here now too - not biting but just swarming- one of the unpleasant signs of spring. Hopefully on Saturday we can check out a few other places and see what's here. Larry has an appointment in Kentville next week so Miner's Marsh is on my list to check out. It's Thelma & Louise day and I've got a hair cut scheduled and a few other errands to do.


Hermit Thrush


Yellow Rumped Warbler


Lake was calm - perfect morning for reflections.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment