Monday, May 14, 2018

Day 134 - 14th May 2018 - Northern Parula, Black & White Warbler and Yellow Warbler

Thick fog this morning. An Owl was hooting next door but then moved off, now the Song Sparrows and Chickadees are singing. Looks like the fog will lift and the sun will shine again today. This is my last week off, next week it's back to work. I guess I better get cracking and finish all those odds and ends that need to be done. Fine day - I'll spend most of it outside if the blackflies don't carry me away. Sunday turned out to be a nice day - we spent some time at the Industrial Park in the morning. The Catbirds and Yellow Warblers have arrived there. Unfortunately the Catbirds weren't ready to come up by the road so I tramped down through briar bushes to find them and my legs are somewhat shredded after that walk. I was surprised there weren't more Warblers around. Checked out the hood after lunch and the Northern Parula and Black & White Warbler were friendlier. Maybe it takes a day or two for them to get settled in. Larry got some more of the garden planted and did some mowing. I did the lunch box prep thing and puttered around - more outside than in.


Northern Parula
 Black & White Warbler

Yellow Warbler

Grey Catbird hiding from me.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment