Saturday, May 12, 2018

Day 132 - 12th May 2018 - Northern Parula, Wood Duck and Wild Flowers

Beautiful morning out there! I've slept (6am) in so I missed the early birds singing and the sun rising.  Looks like a good day to go somewhere - Yarmouth or Cape Sable Island.  Birds are slowly filtering through to our area, the Northern Parulas had arrived yesterday morning when I went out for my walk. Took me a while to find him as I could hear him singing but finally I spotted his familiar face. It's always so exciting to see the song birds for the first time of the season, even if they are regular returners. It seems overall there aren't as many. Had a good Thelma & Louise outing on Friday. Lunch, some errands etc. Aggravation last night - we were close but Larry's team beat us!


Northern Parula
 Female Wood Duck

Wild Flowers



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment