Sunday, February 21, 2016

Day 52 - 21st February 2016 - Sunrise and Purple Finches

Daylight arrived Saturday morning with a fiery blast. Bright red and yellow hues in the east and softer pinks reflected in the west. Larry did get some more wood thrown in the basement, I puttered around doing laundry, etc. We headed in to town to do some shopping and errands by late morning. Before noon the air had gotten colder with snow flurries although by late afternoon it had changed over to rain. I'm seriously thinking that we need to change our grocery routine. What is the point in going to a store that has empty shelves and over priced bad fruits and vegetables. So I think today will be a trip to Cape Sable Island - a wander around the wharves, etc. to see what might be there with a stop to Barrington to buy the food I could not get in Shelburne.  I guess shopping locally is still within the County.
I caught the change over through the trees.















The sky was glowing with color.















And the Purple Finches matched the sky.
Male Purple Finch with Goldfinches.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment