Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 33 - 2nd February 2016 - Signs of Spring, Eider and Gull

Another lovely sunshiny day! We can only hope that the rest of February continues weather wise like it started. Yesterday morning I took a quick jaunt around for the Owl Larry had heard earlier, but of course no luck. I had thought perhaps he'd be roosting in one of the nice big pines nearby but this morning I hear him up on the hill and not quite so close. Some day I'll track him down. The snow is disappearing rapidly, more so in the woods where Lexi and I roam.  Exercise class last night - a good work out (hopefully my muscles will feel that way tomorrow). The birds aren't so active at the feeders with the mild temperatures - although there is a big flock of Goldfinches, Purple Finches and Pine Siskins that come in. They don't stay as long as they do on cold days. The Robins have found lots of green grass and seem happy with their finds.
Signs of Spring?
Tulips and Daffodils popping through the ground.
A female Eider preening herself.
Best guess - Immature Herring Gull.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment