Friday, February 19, 2016

Day 50 - 19th February 2016 - Red-Breasted Nuthatch, Chickadee and Woodpecker

Woke up this morning thinking it was the weekend and realized it was still only Friday as I was half way down stairs. Guess it doesn't make much difference but I was looking forward to some birding time Saturday or Sunday, weather permitting. Got the new Diabetes cookbooks I ordered on line, so today I'm going to browse through those and see if there is anything exciting to make before I do up a grocery list. The freezer is well stocked so I shouldn't have to worry too much - maybe just a few extra ingredients.  Of course I still have the tail ends of a couple of projects I should finish up.
I can get use to these fine, mild days. Thursday was another winner for weather, although we are having a "spring thaw" which makes gravel roads pretty rutted up and nasty. I switched internet providers yesterday, in the hopes that I can have less hassle and quicker speeds. I'm sure it won't be worse than what I've dealt with for the last 5-6 years. Time will tell. Feeders are not so busy with warm weather - although there were a small flock of Pine Siskins around, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves a few Goldfinches and Purple Finches, lot of Chickadees and a Red- Breasted Nuthatch has settled in these last few days. The woods were full of Woodpeckers when I went for my morning walk. You could hear them all through the woods.
Female Red-breasted Nuthatch - the closest I've managed to get to one.















The Chickadees usually don't care where you are.
Morning frost.
Female Woodpecker at Lois' feeders.
And the spring bulbs are bursting forth.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment