Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 43 - 12th February 2016 - Hairy Woodpecker, Goldfinches, Blue Jay and Red-Breasted Nuthatch

I'm getting up earlier and earlier, if only my brain would go to sleep and stay there for a while but it keeps racing along. I am catching up on my reading. Stars are out this morning, but it's very quiet. Friday and the end of the work week for most, looks like more snow on the horizon for tomorrow. Perhaps I'll run to town after supper and pick up the few things we need. Last night I could hear an Owl across the lake and a plane overhead. Seems to be more Purple Finches coming to the feeders now. Still no Redpolls, however, I did have a Red-Breasted Nuthatch yesterday. I've been seeing the White-breasted ones off and on all winter but not the Red-breasted. I'm ready for Spring and Warbler season to start again. The haunting song of the Hermit Thrushes as he serenades  me while I'm having tea on the deck early in the morning. Oh I miss that season. 
 Hairy Woodpecker

 Goldfinches perched in the snowy branches.
 Purple Finch
 Junco
 Blue Jay - not sure who he's guarding the feeder from - Squirrels maybe.
Red-Breasted Nuthatch - not a great shot through the kitchen window during a snow squall. I think he was seeking cover in the feeder.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment