Sunday, February 14, 2016

Day 45 - 14th February 2016 - Purple Finches, Goldfinches and Chipping Sparrow

Happy Valentine's Day - hope you get to do something special or just spend some quality time with those you love.  We are planning on the Creamed Lobster supper at the Sandy Point Community Centre if the weather and roads are good. Not on Larry's diet but we've come up with a bit of a compromise for him. It's lunch box prep day and have a turkey to cook which should make meals easier this week.
It snowed most of Saturday. I puttered around the house in the morning - doing chores and cleaning things up. Nothing terribly exciting. Larry went through the seed catalogue making his list - preparing for spring. I read some after lunch then got out and went for a walk. The regular birds were in the feeders all day, not as many Goldfinches but when I stopped at Lois' I think she had over 100 of them there.  Still no Redpolls and I've not seen an Evening Grosbeak since before Christmas. The variety of species are just not here. This is something I noticed last summer with the Warblers. I'm not sure what the answer is but it concerns me.
A bright male Purple Finch on a dull snowy day!
 Seems that they all get along so much better when it's a nasty day. Purple Finches, Goldfinches, Junco and Chipping Sparrow.
Goldfinches and Chipping Sparrow.
Goldfinch.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment