Friday, April 6, 2018

Day 96 - 6th April 2018 - CatTails and Hooded Mergansers

It's Friday but no Thelma and Louise day as I'm still away, but home tonight and maybe in time for Aggravation or I'll watch. Can't imagine I'll be too bright by that time. Workshop is going well, interesting and enjoyable.  We left Springhill early yesterday morning in hopes of seeing some birds along the way, but it was a "snow storm" so not much around. Stopped at a little wet land park with ponds where I did find a couple of Hooded Mergansers and a few Mallards. Spring seems to be about 3 weeks behind us here. The snow did eventually stop and didn't amount to anything but it continued to blow all day. The Joggins Fossil Centre is a fabulous place and well worth visiting again in the summer, but was was too windy to safely explore. Stars are all out maybe today will see the wind decrease and a chance to roam a bit.
 Cat tails
 Hooded Mergansers
 The male - they are a stunning duck.
Looking across at New Brunswick from Joggins. I had a terrible time holding the camera in the wind. I don't think even a tripod would have helped.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment