Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 116 - 26th April 2018 - Mayflowers, Chickadee and Hermit Thrush

Wet out there this morning. Might be a good thing, the lake looks like it has started to drop again and some rain will dampen the woods. I'm sure after this it will be time to get out the lawn mower - the grass will shoot up. My sun burned legs can take a day of rest from the sun and finish up some sewing and catch up on housework. The last three days I've managed to spend most of it outside and it felt good to have the sun beat down on me. I'm not one to sun bath but I usually get well tanned up from just working in the yard or roaming. I've got a lot of what I wanted to get done, although another day wouldn't hurt and probably a couple more days to finish washing the house. I did dig around in some of the raised  vegetable beds - turning the soil, working in the egg shells that Larry has been tossing in over the winter. In the last few days I've seen several "signs of Spring" - Tree Swallow,  Butterfly, Blackfly and my first Hermit Thrush. I've gotten back in to doing a lot of walking the last few days too. Time to get back in shape.

Mayflowers -The Point is always the best spot to see lots and I went in that direction yesterday.
 Not sure what this Chickadee was up to unless he had a secret stash.
First Hermit Thrush of the season hiding among limbs and moss. Soon I'll hear their sweet music - my favourite songster.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment