Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 180 - 28th June 2016 - Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, White-breasted Nuthatch and Peony

Beautiful morning - cool, no wind yet. Birds are singing, sun rise is creeping through the trees. Looks like another nice day on it's way. Awake a little too early this morning. Off to a First Aid course today - always good to be prepared when working with the public.  Roast  going in the slow cooker this morning for the next few days. Have to go in this morning with Larry so there will be no haunting the hood for me today. Maybe I'll get out for a stretch after supper.
Monday was a nice sunshiny day with a lovely breeze which of course turned into gales later in the afternoon on the waterfront. Just as I headed out for my morning walk I heard the drumming of someone on the mail box - the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker had returned. Followed him around until he finally settled on the power pole where I could snap a few shots. I think there may be two as I heard what I thought was a second one across the road. Maybe we have a family. Further along my jaunt I ran into a flock of White-breasted Nuthatches. At least 11 of them, I've never seen so many at once.

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.



















Oh, he's got an itch.














One of many White-breasted Nuthatches.


The Peonies opened over the weekend at the museum garden.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment