Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 173 - 21st June 2016 - Black & White Warbler, Twin Flowers and Dragon's Mouth Orchid

The morning birds have started the choir. Back to work today, giving a chance of showers - well we need it. The lake is really low for this time of year and there is already a fire band on. One thing - rain or shine can always find something to tackle at work. 
Had a fabulous day off, sun was hot hot but there was a gentle breeze most of the day. I wrangled a lot more time outside than I really should have, but it's best to seize the moment and enjoy the day. My walks usually involved the senses - sight and sound but yesterday smell was really tempted with the sweet aroma from those tiny Twin Flowers are now at their peak. Most of the time you don't even notice them. When I wasn't roaming I did managed to get some thing done in the house and got to exercise class last evening.
Black and White Warbler with lunch.















 Twin Flowers tucked away in the forest.














Arethusa Bulbosa or Dragon's Mouth Orchid. A great find for me yesterday. I don't remember seeing them along my regular trails.


















Daisies sit along the road side waving in the wind.







Enjoy your day!

















1 comment: