Saturday, June 18, 2016

Day 170 - 18th June 2016 - Red-Eyed Vireo, Magnolia Warbler and Kayaker

Beautiful morning, having my coffee and watching on the sun come up over the lake through the trees. It's pretty noisy out there even though it's early. A few ducks are swimming along the shore talking, Song Sparrows, Hermit Thrushes and Mourning Doves are singing around the yard and woods. Lovely sounds to start the day off. I'm working, but think I'll get the grocery shopping done before I go rather than after. Saturday evening is truly a horrible time to try to find anything at Sobeys. I expect we'll do some gardening this morning before it gets too hot. 
Finally we had a hot day with minimum amount of wind. A couple of more student groups through and then after lunch we worked in the garden. The new herb garden is coming along very nicely. My greatest excitement on my morning walk was the accidental finding of a Red-Eyed Vireo nest. I spied two of them feeding along the trees and was following, trying to get a good shot or two and one landed behind a leaf. I was so surprised to realize she had actually landed on a nest. I took a few shots from a distance and moved along, leaving her in peace.

Red-Eyed Vireo.
















Behind the leaves you can see the nest she sits on. I'm always amazed at what actually holds them in place.













Hiding in more leaves and branches was a Magnolia Warbler.
A morning Kayaker on the harbour.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment