Sunday, June 24, 2018

Day 134 - 24th June 2018 - Snowy Egret, Yellow Warbler and Water Lilies

Foggy overcast morning. Showers overnight with more to come ...I think, then it's suppose to clear later this afternoon. Sounds like just enough to make the grass grow. We started off Saturday morning with a trip to Sandhills Beach. I was in search of shorebirds, but didn't find much. A pair of Piping Plovers, a Willet and some Gulls. Pretty quiet overall but we did get in a good walk, some sun, sand and sea. We headed for Yarmouth after that, out to Cape Forchu and then lunch and some shopping. So it was a mixed day. As much as I dislike shopping the car was full when we finished, the freezer and pantry are well stocked again. I try to shop locally most of the time but when I can save at least $125. that's money in my pocket and more than paid for our lunch out and gas. Too bad our Sobeys can't do better with prices. We got home around supper time and Cathy arrived with my all time favourite birthday cake. She makes the best chocolate cake with some kind of  fabulous icing. I see a few more pounds gained in my future!



Snowy Egret - love those yellow feet!












Wish this shot had been sharper as you can really see his toes.

Yellow Warbler


Pink Water Lilies - they are beautiful



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment