Monday, June 11, 2018

Day 121 - 11th June 2018 - Yellow Warbler, Chickadee and Red-Eyed Vireo

A little chilly but I think the day will turn out like yesterday - beautiful, sunny with some wind. Rarely a day goes by that we don't have wind. A little daylight is coming through the tree line, ducks are quacking along the edge of the lake. Looking for breakfast no doubt. Song Sparrows have started singing, they will get louder as the day comes in. Work today and then I have 2 days off - Yeah! I'm ready for that and hopefully at least one of them will be as nice as the last few have been.  Lobsterfest finished off yesterday, it was quieter around - but still a few visitors - some from nearby, some from a far. Spent an hour looking for birds at the Industrial Park before going to work Sunday morning. Lots singing, but I avoided the briar patches in my long skirt. It might have protected my legs, but I figured I would end upside down. Yellow Warblers, Catbirds, the Alder Flycatcher, Common Yellowthroat, Song Sparrow, Red-Eyed Vireos and Chickadees.

Yellow Warbler



Chickadee getting breakfast














Red-Eyed Vireo hiding in the branches.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment