Sunday, January 7, 2018

Day 7 - 7th January 2018 - Goldfinches, Song Sparrow, Starlings

Sunday, the first week of January has flown by - well it was busy, getting ready for a storm then waiting for it to get over. It's cold this morning but the wind has died out a little but still blowing, not snowing though. Stars and the moon light up the sky.  We picked up the girls and went to Chase the Ace in Jordan yesterday, was nice to get out of the house for a few hours. Stopped and had supper at Scotia Lunch - no one wanted to cook when they got home. Back to work tomorrow for three weeks to finish off the archival project. Just about the time I finish that Larry will head back to work - things will have returned to normal once again. I guess that means today, I've got some things to get done around here, at least I don't have to worry about meals, Larry will look after those. A brief reprieve from cooking for me. The feeders were like ant farms on Saturday - Goldfinches have increased in numbers. I counted 72.  They all appear to be starving but I know they roam the hood eating from several feeders.


Goldfinches



Red Winged Blackbirds


Our single Song Sparrow


The Starlings appeared to be more cold then hungry.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment