Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 1 - 1st of January 2018 - Red Winged Blackbirds, Starling and Christmas Tree

Happy New Year Everyone! Of course I didn't stay up to welcome the year in but I kind of knew that wouldn't happen. No New Year Resolutions from me, except to try to be a good person (as best I can), be happy, kind to others  and hopefully healthy.  Looking forward to some new challenges, getting back to birding and my photography (which has been sadly lacking) in the upcoming months. Maybe I'll even work on some genealogy and find an elusive ancestors or two - who knows! This afternoon we are off to Mom and Dad's for the annual family New Year's meal - Mom has been cooking for two days I'm sure - Chinese food. I'm sure there will also be a Trifle and Cheesecake for dessert. It's all about the food! Family gatherings around their dining room table are the best. Yesterday the tree came down and was put out for the birds to enjoy over the next few cold months. Decorations are all put away for another year.

Two of the three Red Winged Blackbirds, Mourning Dove do a photo bomb in the back!















 Not the most popular bird - the Starlings but when the lights hits their feathers they are striking. There is a small flock of them
And the tree next to one of the feeders.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment