Thursday, January 11, 2018

Day 11 - 11th January 2018 -Starling, Redwing Blackbirds and Goldfinch

It's mild out this morning, hopefully the ice will melt that's underfoot. Mostly an issue on gravel/dirt roads, our back deck etc. Another good day at the museum, I enjoy this kind of work- going through old documents, photographs etc. cataloguing, getting everything put in place and ensuring it's preserved for future generations. Sometimes I get lost in it, wondering about the people who created the work, or it triggers a memory of some of my own research. That's the joy of working with local material and artifacts - I know the families or in many cases have researched them over the years. So all this talk of preserving I need to get my own family collection in some kind of order for the next generations. Winter project at home when I finish work.  Still no confirmation on what weather system is coming this weekend -certainly rain but other than that who knows yet!

Starling can be rather pretty when the sunlight hits their feathers.
 Red Winged Blackbirds and Mourning Doves

Goldfinch




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment