Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Day 59 - 28th Februrary 2018 - Ice, Clouds and Red Berries

Here we are saying good bye to February. It's a few days shorter but  most years seems to drag, but it flew by this time. It turned out to be a beautiful day on Tuesday, wind was a little chilly but the sun is so much stronger these days and you can feel it's warmth. I see Tulips and Daffodils springing through the ground much faster than my crocuses. Must go have a poke around today. Suppose to be warm again, although a little frost on the grass this morning, but it won't take long for it to disappear. The upstairs is done now to pick a room downstairs to tackle today. Even managed an hour of sewing yesterday. And I played in the kitchen - being home means I can experiment with some meals. Like everyone I get tired of the same old thing. I did my version of pulled pork but instead of a bun cooked cabbage leaves to put it in. A nice tangy sauce (vinegar, ketchup (no sugar added) and cinnamon) and spices while it cooked away a good portion of the day in the slow cooker. Did some turnip fries in the air fryer and veggies gave us a nice change.
 Slivers of ice on the lake.
 Clouds floated across the sky
A few red berries the birds missed.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment