Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Day 51 - 20th February 2018 - Red-Winged Blackbirds, Gulls and Common Eider

Raining this morning which means it's mild and should be most of the week. The snow is just about gone from the yard. Well the long weekend is over and I need to get some things done around here.  Think I'll make a pot of soup with biscuits for supper the next couple of nights.  I'll set up the Whirligigs and start painting those. And I'd like to get the sewing room finished off. That should fill my day! Trivia tonight - always a good laugh. We went for a drive yesterday, mostly along the shore down the Sandy Point road and to Locke's Island -  a few wharves in search of ducks, loons etc. Red-Breasted Mergansers, Loons, Eiders, Black Ducks, Gulls, Red Neck Grebe and  Guillemot. Mostly not a lot of shots as there is no such thing as getting closer to them when they are in the water, but I did get a few photos that weren't bad. Back home in the early afternoon, then off to exercise class last night.
 Nice flock of about 16 Red Winged Blackbirds are around.
 Common Eider with a crab for lunch
Gulls

No comments:

Post a Comment