Monday, February 26, 2018

Day 57 - 26th February 2018 - Red Breasted Merganser, Canvasback Duck and Brant Geese

Monday morning, the work week has begun for most once again. I'm going to dive into the spring cleaning and tackle the upstairs. If spring is coming early I want all that inside stuff done so I can work outdoors. I did some cooking in the morning while Larry worked breakfast at the hall on Sunday. When he got home just before noon we jumped in the car and headed for CSI. Saturday morning a Canvasback Duck had been spotted at the causeway with a flock of Scaups.  The last time one was spotted in NS was in 2014 so they are a rarity to have in this area. It's been a while since we've been able to go chase birds once the call went out. We did find him, but he wasn't close so I got a distance shot that's cropped but still  wonderful to see. A new lifer for me!  We took a quick trip around the Island and found some Brant Geese, a Guillemot, Red Necked Grebes, Common Eiders and lots of Mallards. I've really missed getting out birding, hopefully we'll get to do lots year.
 Red Breasted Merganser at the Guzzle.
 Canvasback Duck - (red head with white/light body  2nd from foreground)
There were 10 Brant Geese feeding at Daniel's Head.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment