Friday, August 25, 2017

Day 233 -25th August 2017 - Cobwebs, Palm Warbler and a Baby Turtle

Seems like August will soon have slipped away. Can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. Had a good couple of days off, got lots done around home. Out for a roam yesterday morning, but the birds are quiet in the hood, I've actually got more activity in the yard. Hopefully I'll get another weekend off before Larry has surgery so we can get out doing some birding and catch some migrating shorebirds. Margie and  I met up with a few other ladies for lunch. I even had time to make it to exercise class last night  - which I'm sure I'll feel in the next day. Lois and I did a turtle rescue on the way home from class. It's never dull! A tiny baby turtle was in the road (see pics below). We knew she (we named her Bella) wouldn't stand a chance where she was so it was off to Beaverfarm Lake for her but not before we snapped a few pics.
 The sun was streaming through the fog.
 Lots of cobwebs
 Yellow Rumped Warbler
Palm Warbler















Bella the turtle!
(No that's not my hand holding her)
 She could sure move fast. Hopefully she will survive and join other turtles in our lakes.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment