Saturday, August 5, 2017

Day 213 - 5th August 2017 - Fog, Wood Ducks and Black-throated Blue Warbler

Foggy morning with promises of clearing later, still no rain, although the forecast says some showers for tomorrow - we'll see. I'm off and have no idea what I want to do or where I want to go. I'll let Larry sleep a little longer, then check the tide tables and maybe head out to a beach for a while before "beach people" hit. Haven't been to Sandhills for a while, maybe the Red Knots will be around. Tonight is Chase the Ace - the jackpot keeps growing so perhaps we'll be the lucky ones. It will be a fun evening of aggravation or as we call it  "vocabulary building".
 The morning view of the lake these days is one of fog. It looks kind of cool though.
 Not a great shot, but a pair of Wood Ducks - they obviously felt safe as I was too far away.
Finally I found a Black Throated Blue Warbler. Was beginning to think they weren't here this year. Still a number of missing species in the hood.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment