Thursday, August 2, 2018

Day 173 - 2nd August 2018 - Indian Pipe, Song Sparrow and Catbird

Had a good day off.Some minor housekeeping chores, cooked a roast, walk in the hood, lunch out with the girls and swimming in the lake before supper. So it was a pretty full day but not rushed. A few birds around but I probably should have gotten out a bit earlier. Found a couple of Catbirds mixed in with Warblers and Sparrows. Looks like August is going to be a hot and dry month just like July. I've been a little more careful of water usage the last month or so, the summer of 2016 still remains fresh in my mind.  Larry tells me you can't save it but I run with the idea that I don't need to use it all up at once or too quickly. 

Indian Pipe has popped up through the forest floor. It's usually in a shaded spot. 

Song Sparrow

Catbird - the birds were all hiding in shadows or leaves.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment