Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Day 129 - 28th August 2018 - Black Throated Green Warbler, Red Maple Leaves and a Dragon Fly

Just a few more days and August will be gone. According to the weather sites we are having another heat warning - humidex 37-39 for the next couple of days. Thought that was over. No rain in sight for the rest of this week (except a 60% chance on Wednesday - I don't believe those odds). I had a pretty good day off on Monday, did some stuff around the house and roamed the hood. Even lucked in and found a few flocks of birds on my travels. Finally found a Black Throated Green Warbler in the hood -nearly at the end of the season, Northern Parulas, Swamp Sparrows, Chickadees, Nuthatches, Brown Creepers, Song Sparrows, Red-Eyed Vireos, Palm Warblers and American Redstarts.  So that really perked me up. Did up some lunches for Larry so I'm ahead of that for a few weeks again and of course muffins. I haven't seen a male Hummingbird since last week, females and young are busy fighting over the feeder - about 5 all together.  You have to be really careful sitting on the deck these days.Today is Thelma & Louise day and I should get a few things done before we take off as it will be too hot this afternoon for much I'm sure.

Black Throated Green Warbler

I walk by this Maple tree everyday and yesterday I noticed it's turned red!

Dragonfly



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment