Friday, December 29, 2017

Day 359 - 29th December 2017 - White Throated Sparrow, Red Winged Blackbirds and The Lake

It remained cold all day yesterday, brrr. I've decided I'm not a fan of winter anymore. I used to have a tolerance for it, but now I just want it to go away. The house just doesn't want to warm up either, but I think that's all down to the fact there is not enough snow down yet to be banked up against the foundation of the house. Once that happens it acts as an extra layer of insulation keeping the drafts out.  The joy of an old house. Larry has been struck with the man cold, I'm hoping this morning he's feeling somewhat better since he slept most of yesterday away. I started off with the headache and cold chills after supper but this morning other than sniffles I don't feel any worse so I am no doubt going to survive.  The feeders are active in the cold weather. Lots of Goldfinches and a flock of Starlings as well as three Red Winged Blackbirds. Of course the Woodpeckers, Chickadees, Nuthatches, a few Juncos and the White Throated Sparrow spend most of the day.
 White Throated Sparrow - he's getting more sociable now
 Pussy Willows look like they are budding up!
 The Lake seems to be frozen now - I can hear the woop, woop in the morning.
Mourning Dove with two of the tree Red-Winged Blackbirds that were around the feeders yesterday. Nice surprise.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment