Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day 339 - 9th December 2017 - Sunflower, Blue Jay and Birdhouse

Friday I bypassed the baking for a change of pace. Some housework - laundry, sorted through Christmas gifts, etc. It was Thelma and Louise Day so truthfully I don't usually overexert myself anyway. I wanted to give my hand a little more rest before diving back into finishing the baking this morning and it seems to be pretty good.  Friday night club was postponed to Sunday night this week. Tonight we are off to a staff party. Tis the season for get togethers. The upcoming week of weather seems to be - rain, rain or snow, snow or rain, love when they give us options. The yard and feeders are getting more active, I've got one male Downy Woodpecker who is quite tame, enjoying the suet while I chat to him. The Goldfinches are getting more settled as well. Of course the Mourning Doves send everyone flying. They seem to be nervous birds with high anxiety.
 Sunflowers were dipped in snow, the squirrels and birds have picked them clean.
 The Blue Jays add some nice color to the yard, even though they are a bit greedy
The bird house sits waiting for spring and hopefully Swallows will return and nest.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment