Saturday, December 2, 2017

Day 332, 2nd December 2017 - The Lake, Mallard and Grandmother's Journal

Friday was a very good day!  I've got the kitchen and pantry down to a dull roar, ready for baking. Two friends have become new grandmothers this week which makes me happy for them. It was Thelma and Louise Day so off to town for lunch and a few errands. Got good news from another friend that they indeed are fine and good even though they've been off the grid for several months at the cottage (worry had set in when you don't hear from or see someone fairly regularly) and my cousin found me in the mall parking lot with beautiful gifts - cranberries and a Chickadee carving done by Ducky Shnare. Went out for a walk before supper and Larry had been given some lobsters when I got home. The evening was spent playing aggravation. Truly a lovely day and I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life. (I'm a little long winded this morning 😉).
Grandmother's Journal:
1 December 1977 - Bob took Kim and I over to go with Barb this morning. Started to ice pellets on road just before we left here. Roads slippery but frozen under the ice. Became mild, changed to rain. Very slippery and bad on way home tonight. Have to drive slow now.  Played bridge at Ruth's this afternoon. Had a good game. Sue Warner got off the road on way to town. Broke her muffler.
2 December 1977 - Picked Judy up to go to town. Had a good day. Late getting home. Sidney came back for the weekend. Nasty weather but mild.
3 December 1977 - Good day. Got ready for party at Lore's. Made baked stuffed potatoes. Bobbie got a wild cat today. Bettie Scott and Thelma came up early, we played cards. Had a lot of laughs.

Beautiful afternoon on the lake













 A Mallard is settled into the old bent tree on the lake.
Came across the flock of Goldfinches on my walk.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment