Friday, December 22, 2017

Day 352 - 22nd December 2017 - Downy Woodpecker, Robin and Ice

Just when I thought I was beginning to sleep, I get up at 3am - going to be a very long day. Hopefully after going to town this morning for a few groceries, errands and deliveries I'll snag a little nap. It's cold and windy out there this morning,but the stars are shining brightly in the sky. Think I've got everything wrapped so I can put the paper and bags back in the closet for another year. Larry put some more wood in the basement, doing it much slower than he normally would  but it's getting done and helping to build up his strength too. I can't seem to stop baking-did a trial run on a cranberry gingerbread cake yesterday. Have a pan that does little individual cakes so thought I would try it out. Have volunteered to do a cake for the  Dinner that is put on in town on Christmas Day. Think they'll work out fine and if I double the recipe will get 4 to 5 dozen.  Maybe a lemon or caramel sauce would go nicely . 

Downy Woodpecker - there is something in that hole in the tree
 Robin hiding among branches
Ice in the lake from a few days ago.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment