Friday, December 15, 2017

Day 345 - 15th December 2017 - Snow, The Lake and Berries

A few snowflakes in the air this morning and  much colder than it has been.  Went out for a roam in the hood yesterday morning - to see the first snowfall. Through the path in the woods, it was quiet and pristine. No tracks ahead of mine except Max the cat. It was a bit of a hard walk for me, the first snow was one of Lexi's favourite walks. Her nose would be to the ground sniffing and throwing snow up in the air. Days like this make me miss her more. It's been eight months since we lost her and there are times I still turn around and look for her.  They say time heals, I hope so.  I probably should remember the good times, not be sad and sometimes I do.  I puttered around the house later,cleaning the upstairs, laundry putting away cookbooks for another year. No Thelma and Louise today, my partner in crime is otherwise committed so I'll drag Larry to town, do some errands, finish up the last few things I need to buy.
The old leaning tree is dressed in white,a skim of ice on parts of the lake.

A few red berries remain.



















Pine branch covered in snow.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment